Friday, November 10, 2006

Complacency or Contentment...is there a difference?

How do you find contentment in where you are without becoming complacent, lazy and stuck in your comfort zone?

And how do you stay relevant, always seeking change and growth without hating the place in which you reside?

I seem to be constantly teetering on the line between hating my life because I'm stuck in a rut and hating my life because I wish everything would just settle down.

Do I just want what I don't have?

Is it a simple case of "the grass is always greener"?

Or is there something deeper going on.

I want to believe that I will reach a point in my life where I can find the balance of being happy and able to make the most of where I am, to live in the moment…and always seeking to be better, to continue to grow.

But is that really possible?

I have seen very few who seem truly happy where they are. I have also seen very few who truthfully seem to be trying to constantly better themselves.

Maybe I'm just projecting my own issues onto those around me…but is seems that if you want to be a better person, you have to first acknowledge that there is something wrong with the person that you are now.

Even as I'm writing this, I recognize what an unhealthy self-perception that is.

Maybe you have to like who you are enough to want to make yourself better.

I'm so afraid of becoming too comfortable and getting stuck and never moving on, but does that mean that I have to be miserable in order to keep that from happening? I feel that there has to be a happy medium ("happy" being the key word).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home