Monday, July 11, 2005

Harmless......well, mostly

" 'It goes like this. Let's see now:
"Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowng that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know aobut. Amen."
That's it. It's what you pray silently inside yourself anyway, so you may as well have it out in the open.'
'Hmmm', said Arthur. 'Well, thank you -'.
'There's another prayer that goes with it that's very important', continued the old man, 'so you'd better jot this down, too'.
'Okay'.
'It goes, "Lord, lord, lord..." It's best to put that bit in, just in case. You can never be too sure. "Lord, lord, lord. Protect me from the consequences of the above prayer. Amen."
And that's it. Most of the trouble people get into in life comes from leaving out that last part.' "

- Mostly Harmless, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

1 Comments:

Blogger audi said...

that's awesome. that's the story of my life. always forgeting the second part, you know.

7/13/2005 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home