Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Love i snow here

I could trace your lips or throw your shadow on the wall,
but I could never replace you, I can't make you that small.
I have gone to hell, and not am back yet,
seen how things have changed, but will never forget
the feel of your skin, fingers tangled in mine,
the taste of your lips, like smoky red wine.
The pain in my soul will haunt me for good,
knowing what I let go, and would take back if I could.
But it's not up to me, the ball's not in my court,
my second chances are up, opportunities cut short.
I stand with my arms open wide, hand outstretched,
but my offer grows cold, love thrown back at my chest.
The more difficult choice of reconciliation
won't be made in light of a more pleasing affiliation.
Apparently it's easier to start over, slate wiped clean,
ignore that the past just needs mending of seems.
Take the easy way out, just a slap on the wrist,
roll over to new-ness, with a punch and a kiss.
Like mother, like son, no matter how hard they come
"I hear you scream 'Save me!' but I doubt you know what from".

3 Comments:

Blogger Tavius said...

damn thats beautiful! that is a gorgeous peace of words! wow, and the jabs all landed. i commend u heavly on that writing. beautiful. keep up the verbal heart flow.

7/05/2005 10:30 PM  
Blogger Sageish said...

I agree - that was amazing Bex.

7/05/2005 11:49 PM  
Blogger audi said...

that was really well written. props to your skills.

7/06/2005 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home