Thursday, June 30, 2005

Blue pill or red?

I don't think I like the real world.
People, things, stuff, time, pain, nothing and everything all at once.
I'm wearing out my welcome.
But what's the alternative?
A dream world in which lies are truths that are cardboard at best.
And sooner or later the dream bleeds away, and the real world eventually gouges it's way through anyway.
And the longer you're away, the harsher reality becomes.
This morning I awoke almost happy.
I had dreamed of a former love, and something that I had desired for years seemed a possibility.
Then I realized that it was only a dream, and that even the hope from my dream was for something that I no longer had any desire for whatsoever.
So maybe the dream world is actually the most painful of all.
Not from the dreaming itself, but from the waking that is inevitable.
Maybe I prefer the real world afterall.

5 Comments:

Blogger audi said...

i think the pain of awakening is what keeps us alive. without it, we could easily forget that the world is real and pretend everything is a dream. in a dream, there are no real consequences, things you've always wanted can appear at any time, and you can fly. but people can die over and over, and you never find what the rabbit keeps telling you to look for, and your actions can't change the world, in dreamland. but in the real world, the dreams that keep us going... not the foolish dreams, but the ones with substance... can be attained through our choice. And people only die once, which means while we're all living we might find what we're looking for... and if you want to fly, book more than 14 days in advance and Southwest has some great fares. That way, you get to go to real places:)

7/01/2005 11:03 AM  
Blogger Tavius said...

former love eh?
tell brian i said hi! :)

7/01/2005 4:00 PM  
Blogger Bex5x5 said...

Yeah Tav, you think you know, but you have no idea....try a little closer to the all-american boy that my parents had in mind from the beginning

7/03/2005 12:58 AM  
Blogger Tavius said...

ouch, nice play...and i prob have no idea. thats for u to know, and me prob not find out, well tell him i said hi.

7/03/2005 1:27 PM  
Blogger Bex5x5 said...

Just don't assume that you know...and as to you finding out, it's all your choice.

7/04/2005 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home