Thursday, July 07, 2005

All Up To Me

No one else to consider, no one else to complain.
No one to ask me why I'm going so slow in the fastest of lanes.
No one else to get dinner for, no one to ask for a drink
No one to tell me my hair don't look right, or my necklace has too many links.
No one to kiss before walking inside,
No one to stand behind, nowhere to hide.
No one to look to in an uncomfortable room,
No one to laugh with at a drunken bufoon.
No one to tell me how to wash my own hair,
No one's chest to cry out my secretest fears.
No one to roll over to on a Saturday morn,
No one to to rub IcyHot on a hamstring that's torn.
No one blame for the mess and the dirt,
No one to kiss away the pain and the hurt.
No one to ask except me, I and mine,
No one now has their own claim on my time.
The ups and the downs,
The goods and the bads,
Are all up to me,
Now it's all that I have.

1 Comments:

Blogger HangingUpsideDown said...

Bex,...that was beautiful. Its one of my favorite pieces you have written. It says everything.

7/20/2005 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home