Monday, February 13, 2006

Mine no more to keep

In another world, another time (longer ago than I care to admit),
it was mine to have and to hold.
A dream worth dreaming and planning for.
A life to live, and more to give than I ever thought possible.
There was beauty and rhymes and laughter and late night confessions
of love and pain and sorrow and hope whispered in low and lovely tones.
There was anger and cruelty from both sides at every angle
that, with practice, melted away with a touch, a chord, a note.
They say practice makes perfect, but in this case every repetition hurt a little more.
Ached a little more.
Failed to melt completely away and the residue clogged every pore.
In another world, another time,
it was mine to have and to hold.
I lived it, breathed it, protected it at all cost.
Would've give my life to save it.
But my life wouldn't have been adequate payment for the debt that had been aquired.
I no longer live in that world, that time.
That space is reserved for another.
I gaze from afar, from another galaxy,
I feel...and empathize.
I know...and understand.
I hope...for the best.
For the other world, as well as for mine.

1 Comments:

Blogger audi said...

very nicely done.

2/14/2006 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home