Saturday, July 16, 2005

Goodbye, cruel world....

Goodbye, cruel world
I'm going at last,
to a place far away
as I dreamed in the past.
To find who I am,
to learn who I was,
why I do what I do,
for belief, or just 'cause.
To remember my longings
of long, long ago,
to remember the me
that's for me, not for show.
To take some more steps
down the path that I'm on.
To be here, right now
and to look down beyond
what I see or I hear
or I taste, touch or smell.
Acknowledge who I was,
know I can get well.
I have to, I will
No more just standing still
I'm perched, like a bird
on my white window sill.
Ready to take off
and to try out my wings.
No more thinking of silly things,
like sapphrire rings.
A leap and a jump,
throw myself to the wind,
don't know where I'll end up
as I whirl and spin
out of control of my own
destination, but on track,
in the hands of the One
who can take up my slack.
Who can order my steps
as I dance and I run.
I'll pirouette on my grave,
then I'll laugh at the sun.
So now here I am,
primed and ready to go,
tensely waiting, I'm waiting,
tomorrow's coming too slow.
So I'll travel by plane,
train, shuttle & bus
With a sign on my heart
reading"New York or bust".

1 Comments:

Blogger HangingUpsideDown said...

FABULOUS! BRAVO BEX! I love seeing the change your embracing,...you may be scared and somewhat worried, but your still doing it. Good luck to you! Take in everything, and soak yourself in new beginnings.

Love ya chica! Hope your having a blast:)

7/20/2005 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home