Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The cave

Knowing who you are is hard.
Reclaiming yourself is harder.

What is it about betrayal that steals everything that you were and makes you doubt the very essence of your being?

I guess when the people who are supposed to be the closest and care the most, then stab you in the back, you are left only to wonder how someone could actually do that to you. And then you consider the possibility that maybe it's you...that people just don't treat each other like that and that there must be something wrong with you for someone who supposedly cared to even be capable of doing something so awful to you.

"And I'll find strength in pain,
and I will mend my ways.
I'll know my name as it's called again.
Cause I need freedom now,
and I need to know how
to live my life as it's meant to be."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home