Sunday, July 08, 2007

No canary

How much easier would it be to be able to just be content with a normal life?
Every once in a while I wonder if I could ever be someone who settles down and has the white picket fence and the 2.5 kids and the dog and the cat and the canary...but then I blink. Because that's about how long that thought lasts. I know - in that deepest part of your being kind of knowing - that I won't ever have that. I am in no way disregarding it's appeal, or putting down those who do have that. I just know that it's not for me. I want to find someone to spend my life with who will go with me on adventures. I'm not even quite sure what that means, but I know it's what I want.
I want to be with someone that has similar enough aspirations as to limit the need to sacrifice each other's goals and dreams. I don't want it to have to be either or...one partner's life dream
or the other. I want it to be able to be both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home