Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Broken bones...Fate or Chance

Ok, so for anyone who doesn't know yet....

Saturday, at the the recital for Bellevue Dance Center (where I am an instructor), in the 3:00 show, during the piece that all the teachers do together, I came onstage for my solo part in the piece: chasse`, step step, brush, jump...crash, crunch...roll offstage. Long story short (or probably longer knowing me), I did a big jump (a modern jump that I have done hundreds of time, at least) and landed on the side of my foot, consequentially spraining my ankle and breaking the fifth metatarsal of my foot (though I was told by several audience members that I got offstage so gracefully, they almost thought I was supposed to do that...except that they heard it break). So now I've got a big, clunky, black, walking boot/cast thingy that I have to wear for 6 weeks. The timing pretty much sucks considering all my plans for the summer consisted of teaching, taking class and going on auditions. And next week and a half I have to pack up my whole apartment, fit it into my car and then drive 12 hours to Oklahoma.

I'm sorry. I know I'm whining and bitching, and I promise I'm not just trying to have a pity party. But I'll be honest...I'm really frustrated and depressed about this. I know the whole "God knows what He's doing and this is somehow part of His plan for you" thing (everyone and their dog has felt it's their duty to tell me that the last 3 days), and somewhere in me I think I do believe that that's true...but it still doesn't help the fact that as far as I can tell, this is the worst possible thing that could have happened to me right now. It screws up and affects EVERYTHING. I feel like I have a very small window of a second chance to have a professional dancing career and I cannot afford the month and a half in a cast, in addition to however long it will be before I can really dance on it, not to mention keeping to rest of my body in shape.

Ok, enough of the bitch session...if it happens to be your thing, any prayers would be greatly apprectiated.

P.S. Mostly what my next week and a half is going to consist of is attemps at packing, watching movies and keeping my foot up with ice on it. So if anyone is bored, I would love the company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home