Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Egeiro Aphobos

The pain I feel is not what you think.
You say this is just a lesser version of what could be,
But you're wrong.
The future potential or even probable pain is a welcome risk.
No, the agony I feel that is constricting my heart is the pain of never knowing.
What we could have had, what we could have been.
You say "I saw the end before we began",
But I say "love is blind and that I knew when
my heart was blinded by you".
Now you hide behind your wall,
safe and secure and saving your pride.
I watch you retreat, save face and barr me from your heart.
Your fear keeps you safe...for now.
You cut me before we could cut each other.
You whetted my appetite, gave me a taste, then left me to starve.
You said all you wanted was to fall into me and let the world disappear,
but when given the chance you refused.
You're so afraid of being trapped that you've locked yourself in a prison.

"When one lives without fear, one cannot be broken. When one lives with fear one is broken before one begins to live."
~ James Frey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home