Friday, June 17, 2005

Reactions

"Taste the flavor. Sometimes I just want to savor the moment. But in your discomfort you hide from emotion, that potion, the lotion that soothes the dry patches. I latch onto you, try to prove my love is true. I sigh and I moan ‘til I’m black and blue. I wanna be black like you. To feel you reveal you. To see you be you. I want to go through you with you. But I kiss you then piss you off with every turn. I yearn to be near you but fear you, sometimes. “My time, this is my time”, the spoiled brat in me cries. I scream, then won’t scream, I sing, then won’t sing, needing a pat on the back, then a swat over your knee. My plea is to see…just to see the real me. Not through eyes of society or my warped reality or even my false humility. I want to be kissed and praised like a little girl in bows, and then stand alone, courageous in my fight to do what is right. But what’s right? How should I know, I’m just a little girl in her bows. What do I do? I haven’t a clue. I want to live long, be strong, hate evil, love truth, do right, be a light. This little light of mine burn bright through the night. This flight, my plight is to learn about love and truth from He above through whom all things come from. But what do I know? I await your reaction."
- RMH, 7/28/02

4 Comments:

Blogger audi said...

i believe you will find your way is made easier as you forget to care what anyone thinks
i believe you will see that truth is something you can hold and touch and reach and soon your truth will bring hope.

6/17/2005 12:49 PM  
Blogger Tavius said...

now thats old school.

6/17/2005 10:02 PM  
Blogger Bex5x5 said...

Retroactive even....

6/20/2005 6:32 AM  
Blogger Bex5x5 said...

I think that sounds like a fitting new line for the song.....

6/26/2005 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home